R4Y – Rental Terms & Conditions
- R4Y offers apartments and other accommodations (“Objects”) on the French Riviera to individuals and companies (“Tenants”) for short term lease.
- Bookings of Objects are made through R4Y’s electronic booking system available at www.riviera4you.com (“Bookings”).
- These terms and conditions apply to the Bookings and the Tenant’s use of the Object.
- Payment shall be made as follows:
- thirty (30) percent of the rental fee shall be payable as soon as possible but not later than 2 days after R4Y has confirmed the Booking (the “Prepayment”); the remaining seventy (70) percent of the rental fee (the “Final Payment”) shall be payable not later than 40 days prior to the agreed date of arrival (the “Arrival Date”).
- If a Booking is made less than 40 days prior to the Arrival Date, full payment of the rental fee shall be made upon R4Y confirmation of the Booking.
- Upon, or before, arrival to the Object, the Tenant shall make a deposit of EUR 400, or as otherwise decided, to R4Y. Subject to section 6below, the Deposit will be refunded to the Tenant upon departure and return of the keys of the Object to R4Y].
3. Binding agreement
- A Booking becomes binding when confirmed by R4Y and the Tenant has paid the Prepayment or, if the Booking has been made less than 40 days prior to the Arrival Date, when full payment has been made.
- If the Tenant fails to timely pay the Prepayment, R4Y shall be free to offer the Object to other potential Tenants for the same period as the Booking.
- If the Tenant fails to timely pay the Final Payment, R4Y may cancel the Booking, and retain the Prepayment in full.
4. Cancellation by the Tenant
- The Tenant may cancel the Booking with full refund if cancelled in writing at least 60 days prior to the Arrival Date.
- If the Tenant wish to cancel the Booking later than 60 day prior to the Arrival Date the following shall apply:
- if cancelled between 60 days – 40 days before the Arrival Date, R4Y will retain the Prepayment in full; and
- if cancelled later than 40 days before the Arrival Date, R4Y will retain the full rental fee.
5. Obligations of R4Y
- The Object shall be leased fully furnished and with a functional kitchen, and otherwise as advertised by R4Y on its website.
- If the Object does not meet the agreed criteria the Tenant shall immediately notify R4Y thereof. If the breach is material, and unless R4Y is able to remedy the breach within a reasonable time, R4Y shall instead offer the Tenant alternative accommodation. If such alternate accommodation is not available the Tenant may cancel the Booking and R4Y shall in such case refund the Tenant the rental fee. The Tenant shall not be entitled to alternative accommodation and/or to cancel the Booking if the breach is not material. In such case, and provided that R4Y has not been able to remedy the breach within a reasonable time, the Tenant may be entitled to a reduction of the rental fee.
- R4Y is not liable for any thefts, accidents, or neighbour disturbances, nor for any unforeseen mechanical, electrical and technical failures such as television, cable service, internet connection, satellite television, appliances, air-conditioning etc.
- Unless otherwise stated, R4Y does not guarantee that the Objects are suitable for persons with allergies of any kind.
- Final cleaning of the Object upon departure, as well as sheets and towels, are included in the total price unless otherwise agreed between the Tenant and R4Y.
6. Obligations of the Tenant
- The Tenant undertakes for the term of the lease to:
- take good care of the Object, including furniture and other objects;
- observe any specific rules for the Object made available to the Tenant;
- not sub-lease or in any other way make the Object available to any third party;
- not allow more persons than stipulated in the Booking over-night access to the Object;
- not interfere with public order or disturb the neighbourhood;
- immediately notify R4Y of any damage to the Object, including furniture and other objects, whether caused by the Tenant or any other person;
- not keep pets in the Object without R4Y’s prior written approval;
- unless explicitly agreed otherwise smoking is not allowed in the Object.
- The Tenant shall be liable for any damage or disturbance caused by the Tenant. R4Y shall be entitled to set-off any part of the Deposit against any damage caused. If the amount of the damage is greater than the Deposit, R4Y is entitled to seek additional compensation from the Tenant. R4Y is entitled to transfer any claims it has against the Tenant hereunder to the owner of the Object.